3/22/2010

Wired

Seems I have a few visitors from Wired Magazine's Underwire blog by Hugh Hart.

I welcome you to view beyond the sensational aspects and see the installation work as one component of the overall series that is "Flesh and Blood."

The human form made of the blood and flesh are secondary and witness to the destruction of my journals.  The viewers participation in their destruction is much more meaningful and powerful than the self sacrifice that was needed for the piece.

I also invite you to view the series in it's totality at Bert Green Fine Art at http://www.bgfa.us/.  There you will find the entire "Flesh and Blood" collection of paintings.

The work was very personal and painful far beyond the physical aspects of preparation.  I hope you take the time to look.

JUA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.