4/21/2009

First Paintings-Torso Studies

"Desecrated Angel" was the first painting I did after a very long absence from painting. It was a destruction of my previous work and representative of the emptiness I felt at the time. It was a preview of the vocabulary that was developing for the "Flesh and Blood" series. Sort of a series within a series, they are all torso studies and meant to be basic because I wanted to allow my work to develop more before taking on major works. Painted on gessoed print paper and done on a much smaller scale than before.

"Bathroom" was the first work that headed in the direction I wanted. A clear reversal of the work of the past. I turned all my old hallmarks of sensual heroic figures on their heads and boiled the figure down to an abstract of feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.