4/21/2009

"Flesh and Blood" Solo Show at Bert Green Fine Art

It is one year almost to the date that I will have my first solo show in exactly ten years so I thought I would put together this blog to let my fans see the development of the show.

It has been a long hard road since my show at Bert Green fine art in 2000. Personally, I went through divorce, marriage, death of my sister and the birth of my son. A total restructuring of life and now fit my painting into the late hours of the night. Existing off of about 4 hours of sleep. All these factors are playing into the work. The title reflects this. "Flesh and Blood" has obvious religious connotations yet it is the corporeal that I am concentrating on. Middle age, body starting to show signs of decline, the loss of my only sibling, the wondrous birth of my son (against all the odds I should mention) and of course my own mortality are all wrapped up in the work that is starting to emerge from my studio.

I will post pages from my sketch book, new work and other musings regarding the progress and one year journey of the show. I hope it brings a more insight to the creative process.

John U. Abrahamson

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see your new work! Looking forward to following your blog and watching new works unvold

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definately excited to see the new works as well! I'll be keeping track of your blog to see your new art and what you've been up to. Thanks so much for letting me know!

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.